Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ruby Day

I am often amazed at the images that come back to me from my past, especially the thoughts I've had while working in the ER all those years. It's not the gross GSW's or hysterical hispanics that stick in the brain.
It is invariably the people who have suffered a loss, whether death or stroke or a limb, and how they react, what they are internally composed from. And those things stay with me. It may be because I am still learning how to react to things, after blunting it all those years by ignoring it distracting it or drowning it when the time came to work it out in my head.
I mean some people's silent reactions are so strong that you can feel them, like a wave of heat or cold or both that echos sorrow.
Nowadays I am noticing alot more, my head has cleared since the "troubles",and I plan to use that lost ability to notice and just stay with the moment...

No comments: