Thursday, March 20, 2008

Missed Connection

I was listening to thich nhat hanh this moring about how we are, and how we are not. The undelying theme of my thoughts lately have run up and down this concept of oneness, not self the emptiness of inherent existance. I have not, however, been able to penetrate these concepts, sometimes I feel that I am right on top of them, but most of the time I remain just beside them.

Connections to self, to water, earth to my grandfather to buddha or Hitler seem so evident, but just out of reach. Even my own children seem with me and yet separate and it is not something I can logically reason out.

Talking to my daughter a picture of her appears in my mind...is that how she really looks?

Lying in bed with Samantha last night, sometimes we were the same person, other times not even in the same universe. The more I explore this the more confused I seem to be.

No comments: